For me, this was the best Twilight Movie.
I’d been a fan but not an avid, die-hard fan of Twilight Saga since 2008. Knowing it was about to become a movie, I bought all the hardbound books. These were the only series bought in hardbound. I read all the four books even before I watched the first movie.
The first four movies were kind of disappointing to me. It didn’t match the emotions I felt when reading the books but well… I think nothing can ever replace a reading experience.
I love vampires but honestly, not in this saga. Why?
1. Because the vampires in there had no fangs. I don’t like their crescent-like bite marks, so human.
2. Instead of burning in the sun, they sparkle like diamonds. They should be vulnerable to it or at least when they are young.
3. They don’t sleep. I like vampires who dream or become catatonic during dawn.
4. They can’t fly… but their speed will do, though.
5. They don’t compel or glamour or hypnotize, or whatever you call it.
6. They have different abilities. Some don’t even have one. Edward can only read minds.
7. They don’t bleed. They are like stones that crack.
8. The newborns are the strongest physically. Isn’t it supposed to be the other way around? As the vampire age, he/she become stronger.
9. They are so humanized.
10. The Cullens don’t drink human blood.
* But I guess, everything I mentioned are just up to the discretion of the author. Vampire mythology and folklore can be based upon but not entirely copied.
If vampires in fiction, I still prefer the creation of:
1. Anne Rice (The Queen of the Damned)
2. Charlaine Harris (True Blood)
3. L.J. Smith (The Vampire Diaries)
Why for me, this is the best Twilight movie?
~ Because finally, Bella has some purpose.
~ Alice’s vision was elaborated, which made a great fight scene especially when I saw Aro behead C******* hahaha which was shocking. I don’t mean to be a spoiler to those who haven’t watched it. I was whispering to my friend, “Oh, my God, that is not in the book…”
~ It’s great they did it, because even to those who read it will be surprised. I like what had happened to Jane.
All in all, it’s great. I never praised any Twilight movie until now. It’s a must watch Twilight Movie. What a finale.